Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Alright Honey...

Everything will be fine.

It's okay.

I forgive you.


Those were the words I overheard a mother speak to her son while I was strolling in a mall. The boy was crying, obviously upset because he'd done something wrong. Well, not because he'd done something wrong but more so because his mother had scolded him. But now that his tears were freely flowing she could not stay resolute and she caved in and comforted him. I silently wondered what she had been teaching him all his life. Perhaps she should have said something somewhat different.


That things may or may not turn out fine.

That when you do something wrong, it's not alright.

That it's not okay.

That it's not okay but... I still forgive you.


Oh the sweet grace we take for granted.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker