Sunday, July 5, 2009

Docendo discimus

Excerpt 3

I slipped on my own shoes,

The familiar sensation of the soles

Treaded and jumped upon thousands of times,

Returning and comforting me.


The memory of every step,

Every jump,

Every landing,

Rushing down upon me.


And like a wave of instincts,

With all conscious streams of thought,

Slowly but surely blacking out,

I run.


We’re divided into three companies – Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie. I’m in Company Charlie. More specifically, I’m leader of Company Charlie. Me, an awkward Chinese boy, who knows scant Malay, in a position of leadership I’m not sure I can fulfill. I hope I’ll be able to motivate and inspire my company the way a leader should. And I hope that I’ll be able to learn by teaching at the same time.


Docendo discimus.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker