Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Little Siege Engine, Breaking Into Your Castle

It is such an amazing feeling when someone stares at you in pure astonishment, followed by shock, then breaks into disbelieving laughter, or screams, or the best: a stunned silence. It's even better because you know that you caused it

For me, that is the highlight of doing magic.

I've been practicing a few of my favorite routines, refining them, and testing them. The sheer impact you cause on people is priceless!

I was walking around the church area the other day, and approached a random group of mingling college students. I introduced myself and did one effect. Just one.

It left them reeling, almost literally.

After all the tension was released, cards tucked safely away in my back pocket, they instantly struck up a conversation. Barriers were down, they were relaxed and at ease.

Barely five minutes before, I had not met them.

Yeah sure, their reactions were priceless, but only after walking away did I realize that the reactions they gave me were only one minor thing. The way they had opened up to me later, was priceless-er! No matter what age, what gender, what race; magic broke down the barriers of prejudice. Barriers which I might not have been able circumvent for anything else in the world.

Never again will I underestimate the power of magic.

1 comment:

Wong Fong Yang said...

You can use card magic to share the gospel. Glad that you have discovered the secret of 'connectivity' Nokia connects people. Sam's card magic connects people to God.

Dad

eXTReMe Tracker