Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Umbrella.. ella ella, eh eh eh

I've been asked what the picture at the top meant.

I replied with the poem at the side.

I was then asked what the poem at the side meant.

So I'm posting here.

I've come to realize that every single one of us carry many troubles with us in our lives.
Yes.
You, me and the person next to me and you.
Sometimes they get so heavy that we no longer want to move, and we just sit down, brood, and end up getting nowhere. We end up stagnating.

So I conceptualized, for lack of a better word, a philosophy.

People often associate rain with sadness. I think it has something to do with the water falling. See you have people who come up with statements that go somewhere along the lines of "I walk in the rain so no one can see me crying". Ah ha, I was right. People associate rain, with crying. And, well, you either cry when your sad, or really really really happy/relieved. The latter is of course needless to say, rare.

But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about hiding your sadness by surrounding yourself with more sadness. I'm talking about walking with your burden. I'm talking about moving forward even though you have troubles. I'm talking about steadily progressing onwards, even though your emotions befit the rain. It's not about walking in the rain. It's about walking with the rain, umbrella or not. We don't always have one.

I've come to realize that every single one of us carry many troubles with us in our lives, but not every single one of us carry on even though we have troubles.

So that's my philosophy. To keep moving even though we have problems. The world isn't going to wait for us. It's not going to stop and wait for us to pick up the pieces before moving on. It just keeps moving, so we have to either keep up with it, or get left behind.


Rain Walking.

Rain symbolizes sadness.

Walking symbolizes moving forward.

Put the two together:

Moving forward with sadness.

Rephrasing it:

Moving forward with life, even though you're sad and troubled.

5 comments:

hlpe said...

ah..this post answered the burning question in my mind...=P

Dave said...

Sam!! I nvr thot your back shoulders are so BROAD!

Christine Kan said...

Sam!
I love that poem you wrote at the side..
It helps.. ALOT

and nice picture, I like the effect.
How did you take it I wonder..

Sharon Amrita said...

like i said this aftn, Sam, it's a provocative phoot, but very very artistic, though.. =) And love the poem.. deep..

Samuel said...

Broad but laking muscle unfortunately... Haha

And the photo? Its taken with a tripod and a timer.

Glad ya'll like the poem

eXTReMe Tracker