Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mole Station

There’s no easy way to say this. There might be a harder way, but there’s certainly no easy way. So I guess I’ll just have to say it.


I… errrr…. I… I….. I’ve been… uh… been….. molested.


There.


I said it.


I was molested by a “friend” of mine named (Undisclosed) who’s also known to have molested 7 others. I’m not alone!


Yeah and there you were, happily sitting behind your keyboard thinking that blind dates were dangerous.


It happened with no warning. It happened out of the blue. It happened sometime during the day though I only found out about it at night when he smsed me telling me so. And because I’ve been molested, I’ve now got an insane compulsion oozing out from the bottom of my, uh…. well... erhhhh… heart (what were you thinking?!) to write about four things I love and four things I hate.


No, no, no not thaaaaaaat kind of molestation. What on earth made you think that?


In all truthfulness, I’ve been molested tagged by ma buddy Sean (How cud you!). It effectively cuts down the trauma and recovery time while still getting me to write about 4 things I love and loath.


Now without further delay:


I Love parkour. Most of you who know me will have realized by now that my hyperactive (when not emo) lifestyle has been channeled into the discipline that is parkour. Through it I have come to be more self aware, more analyzing, more in control of my emotions, more in control of my movement, more positive, more confidant, slightly more altruistic, and always seeking self improvement (just to name a few). From the utilitarian point of view you might argue that the qualities listed have nothing to do with parkour itself. From my personal experience though, parkour was the catalyst that helped bring about these changes. That’s why I said “through parkour”.


But enough rambling.


I Hate it when people put on a façade in front of me. I just can’t stand it when someone puts up a front to be “cool”. The only cool people I know are those who are truly themselves in front of me, doing nothing to try to impress me. I’m impressed by sheer honesty, or rather the lack of trying hard to impress me (and so the “irony gods” smile). As a result cool people come few, far, and hard for me. But I’ll be honest. It is something of a battle within myself too; the need to impress. And I know for sure that there is someone on the opposite side of the world, who’s going to read this, and who’s feeling exactly the same way I do (nudge nudge). I always wonder, is it simply me being many people, or are there many ‘me’s?


I Love deep conversation. Though getting harder to come by in these days and these parts, I still cherish it, and will cherish it till the day I take my last breath. This is probably related to my draw towards honesty. And for you hopefuls out there, just to let you know, I don’t care if you’re hotter than a Mexican burrito tied to an acetylene torch; if we can’t talk deep, you’re out.


Hmmmmm…. That was perasan.


I Hate my nightmares. And by hate I mean the “despise and detest with all my spleen heart” kind of hate (still haven’t read that John Donne thing). Some of you already know that I don’t sleep well because of a constant plague of repetitive nightmares. The rest will know now. Pick an episode between one and fifty and you have an instant terror that’s been washed, rinsed, and repeated. And if I’m not having a nightmare, I’ll be having a lucid dream. Now those are fun but we all know that you wake up at the end of one. That effectively means that I don’t get good rest anyway. I wouldn’t really mind if they’re all lucid but URGH stupid nightmares. I think they call them that cause they’re supposed to be scary. Why is it that even though it’s the 100th time I’m having the same nightmare, I’ll still wake up either sweating or scared shitless in catatonic terror? You’d think I’d get bored but noooooooo, nature meticulously crafts certain fears in such a way that I can’t overcome them. If I told you about all my dreams you’d probably find my lucid dreams scarier (oh what my evil little mind can come up with when offered the possibility of defying reality) but to me, nightmares are exactly that which they are. Nightmares. You might think I’m being funny about this or something but that’s only because the majority of you have never seen me scared. Nervous, maybe. Scared, no. Now catch me waking up from one of those and you’ll know what I’m like when I’m scared shitless.


I Hate nightmares.


I Hate nightmares.


I Hate nightmares.


Just kidding… I can deal with it.


I think.


I Love magic. Come on, you knew this was coming. All those hours of practice are made worth it with a single success. Sure I still get caught on the rare occasion but most of the time? Oh darn the look on your face where’s my camera I have to get a picture of that it looks so effin funny I wish you could see it! No offence or anything. I mean come on, its equal trade. The way I see it, you get entertained, and so do I. Sure you walk away feeling stumped and I’ll do likewise but feeling smug, but I still think it’s a fair trade. Haha. It’s just so fun to know that you are the sole cause of whatever reaction your audience is giving you atm, whether it be applause, laughter, or shocked silence.


I Hate intransigent/dogmatic people (people who insist on being right). Cynical is fine. I’m cynical. But please for the sake of everyone else like me, don’t fool yourself into thinking that you know everything, cause you don’t - Period. And when you realize that you’re losing an argument discussion, don’t “bow out graciously (trip, bonk, splat)”. Admit it. And don’t ever act like you’re right or know more just because you’re older. I’d like the scientists at NASA to say that to the 15yo kid who cracked their servers and commented on the source code of one of their multi billion dollar projects, describing it as “flawed”. Brilliant. Now I’m starting to sound like a young, dogmatic kid who thinks he knows best just cause he’s perceptive. Seriously though, we got something to learn from everyone. Don’t close your mind to new thoughts just because they’re coming from someone you’re not tight with. Agree with ‘em or no, remember that all truths are to a certain degree subjective. That includes your truths.


I Love the people that I am tight with; some of my family, some of my friends, simply those that are close. I would not be the person I am today if it were not for ya’ll. The choices I’ve made and the choices you have; It’s all lead up to the person I am today. Now I know I’m far from perfect but I don’t think I’d give up any part of my life for anything else (except those nightmares). Even then, they’ve granted me a certain degree of maturity which prolly could not be wrought from anywhere else. Oh, yeah, back to ma buddies. Basically what I’m saying is that without the bunch of you I’d be a much sadder, less social, computer screen hugging kid who was uh… sad, not really social, and computer screen hugging. (Detachedly observes some of you sheepishly stop hugging their keyboards) Of course those aren’t exactly the ideals I hold dear to me but… No… That’ll be for another post. Anyways, if I haven’t already said so, I’d like you to know that I really appreciate everything you’ve done for me. I love ya’ll!


*Sigh, I just noticed I’ma end with a hate this way. So depressing*


I Hate people who expect respect from me where it is not due. If you are a stranger, I’ll treat you with a stranger’s respect. If you are an adult, I’ll treat you with the respect you deserve, not the respect you can commandeer. If you’re a peer, I’ll treat you with the same respect I’d treat an adult with. If you’re a friend I’ll treat you with every respect you can hold (great being my friend huh). If you’re a kid, I’ll treat you like a runt. Crike did I actually type that out loud?! Nahhh I’m just kidding. In all seriousness, a particular 13yo buddy of mine (you know who you are) has managed to hold more respect in my eyes than many other adults simply because he’s saved my ass more times than Britney Spears has shaken hers (nudge poke nudge [my friend, not Britney Spear’s ass]). The same goes to everyone really. You get the respect you deserve so don’t expect more when you haven’t done anything to earn it. Sorry if I come off as offensive but no matter who you are, I treat everyone as an equal until they’ve shown me otherwise. Besides, what makes you deserve more respect anyway? I’ll treat you when and where respect is due, and in the areas which it is due. Don’t be getting a bloated head like me.


Anyways now that I’ve gotten that outta my system, I get to molest 8 people!


Sarah W (you know you want to)

Daniel T from church

Eugene from the drums

Leanne (happy belated bday!)

Jon on his guitar

Hannah from behind the plush black leather chair with the psych degree asking me "so how does that make you feel?"

Julia behind the mic

Lewis from the toilet =D


P.s.

>Sean I'm not doing all those tags now. Some other time. Haha

>Just discovered I've been tagged by Huey Sing too. Haiz too lazy to re-write. Sorry...

2 comments:

Sarah.... said...

Man, I wonder who's on the other side of the world. You know I don't do tags. I'll tell you verbally. Thanks in advance for letting me, coz I know you won't.

Jie Juan said...

Hey, cool blog there dude..deep thoughts..interesting personality to have, even though some people don't give a damn..its still cool. People who think this is emo is stupid..

eXTReMe Tracker