Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Teardrops from Heaven

Not a single day has passed without my thoughts lingering upon the times we had together.

Not a single day can pass without me pondering upon this final outcome.

I've oftentimes wondered if things would be different if I had invited you to stay over.

I've often wondered if you'd still be here had I called and asked you to hang out.

Too often I've wondered why God saw fit to stir up a whirlwind in the midst of a summer day.

I thought that out of all the things that would prevail while everything else turned to dust,

Our friendship would last the longest amongst them all.

But then without a reason, everything changed.

Without a reason, a summer day turned to a stormy brood,

And a mix of metal and glass flew around a corner faster than the eye could see.

But in that instant was all that you were, are, could be... Was.

And then the rain fell down only to glance off your gravestone.


You'll always be remembered for the summer times.

I guess I'll see you in heaven.

So rest in peace, Kyle.

I love you buddy.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker