Wednesday, January 28, 2009

1.27.1991

So at long last, I'm 18. Supposedly a milestone. Yet another reminder that I'm growing closer to the age of people that I feel comfortable around. (with a couple of exceptions)

For once, I had no plans whatsoever for my birthday. I ended up eating with my extended family, and had an impromptu meet with Sean (an awesome friend) and Lewis (a terrible friend). Guess which one of them forgot my birthday. Haha. Well I wont condemn him. I forget people's birthdays too.
*grins sheepishly*

And so I'm finally at the age where I'll actually be considered as the person who I've been for some time. Someone slightly more grown up than a teenager, and perhaps my views will start being valued as that of one too.


No, I don't have any new plans or resolutions or principals to set for myself. Those were set some time ago. There's no point procrastinating them in order to form them on a milestone.



One decision I've made though.

Regardless of who I am today, I will strive towards the person whom I wish to be in the future. Thus doing so, the person I was, and am, is of little consequence. Only the person I become.


So am I ready for all the responsibilities that come with age? No.

But I'll learn to be.

I'll grow into the person who can be.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker