Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Trust

I wonder if my trust has been misplaced,
A mistake made in the flurry of haste.

Has a need to turn these wrongs to right,
Made me into someone, even I don't like?

Have I let myself down, all over again,
Traversed the same old trodden lane.

To blunder and fall in my quest to do good,

And made things much worse, than it should.

I trusted myself to turn out alright,

But perhaps I picked wrong, due to lack of foresight.

Maybe I'm not the one to bring change,

And I find that rather odd and strange.

Cause I've always seen myself as the kind,

To influence those whom which influence can find.

So tonight I'll think and ponder a lot,

As to what my good intentions begot.

To meddle, change, and alter I might,
But from now on, my trust, will be based on hindsight.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker