Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gentlemanly Thief

I strained my left calf recently. Due to my style of walking, it basically means that I cant put much weight on my left leg, or else my calf will seize up and collapse.

Today, I was walking down the stairs in a mall (cause the escalator was broke), and there was a woman in front of me. Because of my bad leg, I was forced to hobble along behind her at more or less the same pace that she was descending at, instead of sprinting down and dashing past her like I'd normally do.

She glanced worriedly backwards, 4 times, and clutched her purse tighter than normal.

How has society degenerated this much, what a woman cannot feel secure in a circumstance like that? Shame on guys who took advantage of women in those situations. You give us, BAD names.

People like you, forced me to rob her against my own will. Because of you, for however brief it was, I robbed her of her comfort. I robbed her of her security. And I robbed her of her purse. *que turntable screw up effect*

Okay well I'm kidding about the last one. But you get my point.

I mean, what could I have done? Be my usual upfront self and blurt out "Don't worry I'm not gonna rob you or anything"? Gosh she'd prolly be even more freaked out if I did that.

And what the hell has happened to gentlemanisme?

/end rant

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker