Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scripting My Life

Int. Consular Section. Morning

A constant low chatter is heard as people shuffle about the room. Numbers are occasionally called out in the background, along with a slight rustle as a person responds to the number. Putting several papers back into a clear folder, Samuel Wong, aged 18, smiles pleasantly towards a glass pane. On the other side of the glass, a middle aged American diplomat (female) finishes typing several sentences and gazes back up.

Diplomat
(pleasant)
Congratulations sir, you passed your
interview.
Your visa has been approved.

Samuel smiles.

Samuel
(unfazed)
Thanks much.

Several seconds later he realizes by the look on her face that she expects him to collapse in relief. Smiling knowingly, he continues on with his naturally cool demeanor, finishing off his business with her and thanking her once more.

Fin.


I really should be more excited about this. Okay, lemme make an effort here.

OH MY GOSH I'M GOING TO MONTANA BABY!!! MONTANA! AND I'MA GET TO SEE MA SISTER IN MICHIGAN!!! WHOAAA@GWOA!UHW#%$EFLI#@&%GA

Lemme guess... I overdid it with the all-caps?


Well long story short, I got my visa approved and will be heading to the states for a couple. I'll be spending the better part of my stay in Montana, after which I'll be visiting my sister, and hopefully chilling at the rock climbing gym at her college. Now how awesome is that? =)


Now if only I could go back in time and post this yesterday. How creepy would that be....

1 comment:

Sarah.... said...

You should've said to the American diplomat: "Awesome, duuuude!"

OH MY GOSH YOU'RE COMING TO MICHIGAN, DUDE! YOU'RE GONNA GO ROCK-CLIMBING WITH ME, DUDE! YOU'RE GONNA BUILD SNOWMEN WITH ME...LIKE REAL SNOWMEN, DUDE! YOU'RE COMING TO CALVIN COLLEGE....OOOH YEAH!

Haha...so not me =)

eXTReMe Tracker