Thursday, April 23, 2009

Light can be unwelcomed

Raw and unchecked, expressive in ways I shouldn't be.

Deliberately revealing things about myself which others might think to hide.

I'll put on no facade for this is what I can be at times; An ugly person.

But I'm an ugly person who knows it, and who doesn't care for pretending.


I'm not afraid to embarrass myself, or show weakness, or flaw.

I wont fear to show the world what I really am.

And even if I am rejected in my entirety, I wont care.

For I'm secured in the knowledge that my strength is not dependent upon acceptance.


I believe in being honest to one's own self.

Alongside which comes being honest about one's self.


Frankly, I'm sick of pretending to be what I'm not.


And so begins this brutal crusade to light up some of my dark corners.


Apologies if my light accidentally shines into some of your own.


Or maybe I'm not sorry.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker