Wednesday, April 22, 2009

On the topic of cussing

Okay so a lot of people have been complaining about me cussing on my blog. Allow me to explain.

Someone once told me that the utilization of swear words were reserved for people who were too inarticulate to express themselves otherwise. That cussing was for people without enough linguistic prowess, or for people who were simply just not polished enough.

Well doubtless to say, I am not lacking in linguistic skill. Maybe it's because I'm an unpolished person then.

Yes... That must be it. Unpolished seems to fit in with my personality anyways. Look at my room and you'll get the idea.


Or maybe it's because sometimes an emotion simply cannot be expressed otherwise. Maybe it's because an emotion is so crude, it cannot be translated into words in an elegant way.

Maybe it's because sometimes the most polished, elegant, and efficient way of portraying something is not by using a string of muted words, but with a single word. Would you rather read an entire paragraph on a detached emotion, or understand and empathize with it in a single syllable?


Option 1: I am currently feeling a negative emotion associated with anger which makes me want to either punch something violently, thus damaging it and releasing some of my tension, or surrender myself to a temporary but satisfying depression.

Option 2: Fuck.

I'm an expressive person. I think I'll stay with the latter for now.


Sorry if I offended anyone.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker