Monday, November 24, 2008

I Must

Though I tire, I must be strong,
Because I am in a position to be strong.


Though I tire, I must listen,

Because I am in a position to listen.


Though I tire, I must give counsel,

Because I am in a position to give counsel.


Though I tire, I must mediate,

For I am the only one who can.


So I sacrifice parts of myself,

In order that those around me,

Can have that part,

Hold on to it, and take strength.


I push others out of the quicksand,

Even though the consequence of doing so;

Sinking further,

Weighs upon me.


So I give strength.

I listen.


I give counsel,

I mediate.


I sacrifice myself,

I tire and fall.


I do all of the above,

Because no one else is around who can.



I do it because
I can.


And because I can,



Though I tire,



I must.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker